|--> Children living with their mothers in women’s shelters (ongoing project)|
- The SafeShelter project aims at strengthening the safety of children living in shelters for women victims of domestic violence.
Four themes relate to child safety:
1) shared custody - when the perpetrator wants to see his / her children;
2) protection orders - when the perpetrator illegally tries to see his / her children;
3) collaboration between the shelter and perpetrators programs;
4) the (unrealistic) expectations of children.
- The SafeShelter project carries a strong and innovative ambition: Increased adoption and formalisation of child safeguarding policies in shelter networks, increased adoption and formalization of child protection policies in accommodation networks, improved capacity of shelters and multi-agency staff to implement best practices
- Countries participating in the project: Austria (project leader), France, Germany, Spain, the Netherlands.
||Children living with their mothers in women’s shelters
(Projet européen REC-RDAP-GBV-AG-2020 n°101005392)